Monday 10 December 2012

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick Cherry Blossom Review and Swatches

The other day I showed you the gorgeous pink glitter nail polish you can get for free (from Superdrug) if you buy 3 other Revlon products, so let me now show you one of them. I bought this gorgeous Super Lustrous lipstick in the shade Cherry Blossom.


I have said before, I absolutely love Revlon Super Lustrous lipsticks, especially the cream finish ones, but having said that, Cherry Blossom is a pearl finish and it's also very nice. Creamy, well pigmented, non drying and long lasting, Revlon Super Lustrous lipsticks have to be my favourite drugstore/high street brand lipsticks. Nowadays I actually very rarely buy non high end lipsticks (and not just because the no-buy I'm supposed to be on - oops), but if I buy some, they'll most probably be from Revlon. I also love it that these lipsticks are unscented. While I don't generally mind scented lip products, I hate that sickly sweet fake smell drugstore lipsticks often smell of, Maybelline being the worst offender for me.

So was this lipstick worth falling off the (no-buy) wagon for? Yes and no. Quality-wise I really cannot fault it, it's lovely, really great, beautiful shade, lasts for hours while feeling very comfortable on the lips. My only problem is that this is not actually a unique shade. By that I don't mean it's similar to 20 lipsticks in my collection, I mean that it's almost exactly the same as Revlon's own Cherries In The Snow (you can see my review here). I swatched them side by side and there's hardly any difference. So truthfully I didn't actually need it. The other weird thing is, there's apparently another shade of Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick in Cherry Blossom available which is a pale pink colour. If you google it, you get two very different shades. I wonder whether the light shade is an old, discontinued shade, but what a weird way of recycling a name, especially when the colour is actually very different.

Anyway, this is a lovely lipstick in a gorgeous shade, so would definitely recommend it if you don't already own Cherries In The Snow. Revlon Super Lustrous lipsticks cost £7.49 and you get a generous 4.2 g. There's currently a 3 for 2 offer on all Revlon make up and you can get this gorgeous nail polish for free if you buy 3 or more Revlon products from Superdrug.

See more pictures including swatches after the jump!






Taken with flash

Taken without flash in natural daylight

Cherries In The Snow (left), Cherry Blossom (right)
Taken with flash

Cherries In The Snow (left), Cherry Blossom (right)
Taken without flash in natural daylight


Wearing Cherry Blossom on the lips

P.S. Do you like my eye make up? I'll tell you tomorrow what products I'm wearing, prepare yourselves for something very lovely. :)

1 comment:

  1. I just love these raspberry lip colours for winter - you have inspired me to wear Cherries In The Snow this week! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...