Wednesday 25 May 2011

Revlon ColorBurst Lipgloss and SuperLustrous Lipstick Haul, Swatches and Review

I'd been eyeling up these lipglosses for a while now, but at £7.99 I wasn't sure I really wanted them, however, on my recent trip to Florida I finally bought one of them. I can't remember exactly how much it was, but I think it was around $7. The lipsticks I picked up at the same time. One of them, Cherries In The Snow I'd always wanted to try as I've heard a lot about it on other blogs. And somehow I managed to pick up another shade too, even though there were no testers in the store (I think it was CVS Pharmacy). I picked up the second lipgloss later on in the UK, right now it completely escapes me where though.

Hot Pink, Strawberry, Love That Pink, Cherries In The Snow

Anyway, these lipglosses and lipsticks are really lovely, not just their colours, but also their formulas. First of all, I love that they are unscented. It's not that I'm against scented lip products, in fact I love Mac's vanilla scent and Chanel and Guerlain's flowery scent, but I hate the cheap plastic smell of high street/drugstore brand lip products (yes, Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick, I'm looking at you!). I have other Revlon products that are scented and I don't like some of them, but I'm definitely very happy not to be put off such lovely products just because of the smell.

So I got ColorBurst Lipglosses in Hot Pink and Strawberry, and SuperLustrous Lipsticks in Love That Pink and Cherries In The Snow. The lipglosses are really nicely pigmented, they are pretty true to colour, you get on your lips what you see in the tube. They are non-sticky, fairly longlasting and comfortable on the lips. The lipsticks are also very pigmented, you'll see below that the swatches were all done with just one swipe yet the colours are vibrant and opaque. The glosses are quite glittery, in fact they feel a bit gritty on my lips, but it's not uncomfortable. The lipsticks are not shimmery at all, but they do have a nice sheen to them. They last for a good amount of time, and feel comfortable and not drying at all. They are creme formulas and feel really lovely on the lips, in fact I would compare them to Guerlain's new Rouge Automatique lipsticks as they have the same creamy formula. I don't own any lighter shades, but these two very bright shades last for hours and leave a nice stain behind as they fade. As they only cost £7.49, they are a good alternative to the Guerlain formula, but of course they don't have the shiny and cool cases. Question is, are they worth the extra 17 quid?

See more pictures and swatches after the jump!



Strawberry, Hot Pink

Strawberry, Hot Pink

The doe foot applicator

Love That Pink, Cherries In The Snow

Love That Pink, Cherries In The Snow

Love That Pink, Cherries In The Snow

Hot Pink, Strawberry, Love That Pink, Cherries In The Snow

Hot Pink, Strawberry, Love That Pink, Cherries In The Snow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...