Thursday 14 February 2013

Lancome Teint Visionnaire Skin Perfecting Makeup Duo Review

A few weeks ago I signed up on Facebook and was selected as part of the VIP panel to test the new Lancome foundation. I was sent a free sample and had to use it for 4 weeks, and fill in 2 questionnaires. Now that the foundation has been launched and isn't secret anymore, I thought I'd tell you what I think about it.


Lancome Visionnaire is one of their best selling facial serum, it's supposed to combat skin imperfections such as wrinkles, dark spots and pores. The foundation is enriched with 2% of LR2412 (which is some beauty molecule Visionnaire contains 4% of) and is said to do the same thing as well as give a "natural looking and flawless finish". You also have a corrector/concealer included in the lid so you can disguise bigger imperfections.

The foundation comes in a rather bulky bottle with a big lid that contains the concealer, in which you get 30 ml of foundation and 2.8 g concealer. The foundation has a pump, so you can get out just as much as you need (one pump does my face). The texture is lovely and light and easy to blend and work into your skin. It has a very slight "foundation" smell, but nothing too strong and it's definitely not perfumed. The coverage is light to medium, it covers most of my imperfections well. I've found it long lasting and it controlled the oiliness of my skin well, I often didn't have to retouch it during the day, although my skin is drier in the winter, so this is true to most foundations at the moment. It felt really nice on the skin and looked good. The shade I was sent is 01 Beige Albatre which is the fourth lightest shade (out of 18!), but I think it's still a bit dark, perhaps it will be a better match in the summer. (I was actually sent 03 at first but that was way too dark.)

The concealer I wasn't very keen on, it has a very thick texture and is hard to pick it up and blend out. I've tried it under my eyes a few times but then I gave up as it looked too cakey, settled into fine lines and made my mascara smudge. It works better on spots and other imperfections you need to conceal as it's thick, but I still don't like it.

At first I didn't think I could see any skincare benefits, but after wearing the foundation for 4 weeks I have noticed that my skin has looked much better and I've not had any spots lately. I don't think it's done anything to my fine lines or my pores, but to be honest, I don't really think anything does. I have also been using Genifique and Visionnaire regularly, so perhaps that's why I haven't noticed any recent changes.

All in all, it's a nice foundation. I would prefer it if it came without the concealer and in a much less bulky bottle. At £36.00 it's up there with other high end foundations. Would I repurchase it? Probably not, mostly because I have so many other foundations at the moment. It's a really nice foundation, but since I wouldn't be using the concealer much, I'd feel it was a waste getting another one. I think I'll stick with my Guerlain foundations for now.

See more pictures after the jump! For pictures of me wearing this foundation on my face check through the last 2 weeks' posts, in every look I posted this month I'm wearing it.






Concealer (left), foundation (right)
Taken with flash

All blended out
Taken with flash

Concealer (left), foundation (right)
Taken without flash in natural daylight

All blended out
Taken without flash in natural daylight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...