Wednesday 16 January 2013

Mac Pressed Pigments Review and Swatches

In January Mac also released a collection of pressed pigments, but as they are actually permanent additions to their make up line, I thought I'd take my time before reviewing them. Even after this long I still haven't got around to wearing all shades, but I have a good idea about them now, so it's time for the review.


Mac says the collection contains 12 shades, but for some reason there are only 11 on the Mac UK website (it doesn't include Light Touch). 3 of the 12 shades are actually repromoted from the previous release and I have found these on the House of Fraser website (they are Light Touch, Deeply Dashing and Day Gleam), but for some reason not all of them are up on the Mac website. Anyway...

I got 7 of the new shades this time around (I also got Warming Heart with the first release if you want to check out my thoughts on that one), and they are Sweet Acting, Flicker, Blonde Streak, Smoky, Amethyst, Jet Couture and Blue Willow. Sweet Acting is described by Mac as "midtone pink", Flicker is "pastel yellow", Blonde Streek is "light cream", Smoky is "deep silver blue", Amethyst is "purple with silver undertone", Jet Couture is "charcoal black" and Blue Willow is "light icy blue".

Generally speaking these pressed pigments are very shimmery, glittery. They actually remind me very much of the Laura Mercier Sequin and Bobbi Brown Sparkle eyeshadows. If you don't like shimmer and glitter, then stay clear of them. I have to say, I don't find them at all gritty or chunky, I found application to be smooth. There is some fallout during application, but I didn't notice it after I'd cleaned up and applied my foundation. Most of these shades are pretty light and not very pigmented, except for Smoky and Jet Couture. Jet Couture in particular is an amazing shade, it's charcoal black with multicolour shimmer. It's really stunning.

All in all, I don't think these are must haves, but if you like different effects and a bit of shimmer when it comes to eyeshadows, then check them out. They cost £16.50 each and you get 3 g.

See more pictures after the jump!



Sweet Acting, Flicker, Blonde Streak
Smoky, Amethyst, Jet Couture, Blue Willow

Sweet Acting, Flicker, Blonde Streak
Smoky, Amethyst, Jet Couture, Blue Willow

Sweet Acting

Flicker

Blonde Streak

Smoky

Amethyst

Jet Couture

Blue Willow

Sweet Acting, Flicker, Blonde Streak, Smoky, Amethyst, Jet Couture, Blue Willow
Taken without flash in direct sunlight

Sweet Acting, Flicker, Blonde Streak, Smoky, Amethyst, Jet Couture, Blue Willow
Taken without flash in direct sunlight

Sweet Acting, Flicker, Blonde Streak, Smoky, Amethyst, Jet Couture, Blue Willow
Taken with flash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...