Friday 4 January 2013

2012 Favourites - Part 1: Lips

As it's now a new year, I thought I'd do a recap of my favourite make up products of 2012. I'll only included products that were either newly released in 2012 or new to me, no point in me repeating myself over and over again (I still love Vaseline and Pleasureflush MSF is still my favourite highlighter, nothing new there).

So I'll start with lip products. The brand that stood out for me in 2012 when I think of new lip products was definitely Revlon. While I still love Guerlain lipsticks very much and wear them often when going out, on days when I'm staying in or not needing a bolder lip colour, I often opt for Revlon's Lip Butters. I acquired 10 of them over the course of the year and they've become my most used lip products.


They are moisturising, very comfortable to wear and some of them are absolutely gorgeous and actually pretty pigmented. On days when I don't need to wear lipstick but want something more colourful then Vaseline, I reach for these, and of course some of them double up as lipstick due to their fantastic pigmentation. Raspberry Pie, Lollipop and Sweet Tart are my absolute favourite shades. I did a full review on these Lip Butters here, so if you need any more details, check it out!

See which other products I loved in 2012 after the jump!



Another favourite Revlon product of 2012 is the Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain which I only acquired in December, so feel a bit of a cheat including it here, but I fell in love with it so much, I could not. I have reviewed the shade Lovesick here and I'll have a few more shades to show you soon.


I also continued to love Revlon's Super Lustrous lipsticks, but there's a very limited shade selection available in the UK, so I have only acquire two of them and both turned out to be a bit disappointing, one being a dupe of another I'd already owned (reviewed here) and one not being the right shade for me (reviewed here). 

My other favourite lipsticks included Guerlain Rouge G lipsticks, Guerlain Rouge Automatique lipsticks, Guerlain Shine Automatique lipsticks (new release for 2012) and Mac lipsticks. 

Finally a quick recap, in 2012 I acquired 54 new lipsticks and 50 lipglosses and I now have just 1000 lip products, so that is why I have been on a no-buy since the middle of September. Well, not a strict 100% no-buy, but I've been trying to be extremely selective when it comes to new lip colours (and sometimes failing, but hey that makes us human, right?).

My plan for 2013 is to continue to enjoy my existing lip products and only buy new ones if I find an exceptionally wonderful new formula or a unique, gorgeous shade I don't already own.

I will continue my 2012 Favourites recap with eye products very soon, so stay tuned! In the meantime, let me kow which lip products were your favourites in 2012?

5 comments:


  1. Sajnos nálunk a Revlon rúzsok nem kaphatóak, sok blogon láttam szívesen kipróbáltam volna én is :)
    Az én kedvenceim tavaly az új Rouge Dior Nude rúzsok és Bobbi Brown High Shimmer szájfények.

    Szívesen megnézném a teljes kollekciód :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have not tried the Revlon Lip Butter and I really should. They're pricey in Canada though like $14CAD :/ and wow your lipstick count even beats mine. I think I have nearly 300 or so, lol! And I have been on lipstick no-buy since July :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow 1000 lip products? Thats amazing! I'm so jealous haha! Great post btw! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still true to Guerlain! Shine Automatique Mi-Mai at the moment. The Revlon Lip Butters promised much, but I found that my lips dried out completely with them on. I like the new (and old) Clinique Chubby Sticks too - I don't actually have too many lip products (as compared to eye products anyway!), but my collection is certainly growing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Shame about the Lip Butters, I guess not everythign works for everyone. I love them and they feel moisturising enough, but I don't suffer from dry lips anyway (thanks to using Vaseline all the time). Never tried the Clinique Chubby Sticks myself, can't be bothered with the amount of drugstore alternatives coming out.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...