Wednesday 7 November 2012

Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr Gel-Cream Eyeshadow in 65 Pink Gold

I've been meaning to review this eyeshadow for ages, but only just got around to taking pictures, swatching it and wearing it. I hate not having time for my hobby.

Anyway, the good news is, the review is a positive one. I really like this eyeshadow, it performs very well. I wore it today for a run, had shower and washed my hair and it was still there on my eyelids, not creasing at all, although the edges did fade a tiny bit (which is fair enough). I tried it out with and without primer (Too Faced Shadow Insurance) and it performed very well both ways. In fact it's still looking good 12 hours later.


I find the name Pink Gold a bit misleading, because it's not gold in the slightest, it's more of a muted rosy pink. Actually I wasn't sure if I needed this colour because I thought I'd already owned cream eyeshadows that were very similar. I was kind of right, it is pretty close to Mac Fresco Rose paint pot (discontinued), although Pink Gold has more of a sheen/shine. It is definitely more metallic and possibly a bit lighter. I also compared it to Rimmel Colour Mousse in 06 Get Fresh which is a lot more metallic and a bit lighter. I may have other cream shadows Pink Gold close to, but these were the ones that came to mind. Incidentally it's nothing like Mac Feminine Edge fluidline which is so frosty and sparkly, it cannot possibly compare to this.

So while I didn't exactly need this eyeshadow, it's a nice one to have. I like cream eyeshadows, I use them on days when I have little time to do my make up as a quick sweep on the lids is enough. Pink Gold actually needed a bit of building up, but it didn't take long and it didn't cake, was still very smooth to blend. It did dry down very quickly and when I swatched it on my arm, I needed make up remover to get it off, simply rubbing it didn't make it budge. (Or having a shower for that matter.)

Maybelline Color Tattoo eyeshadows cost £4.99 and you get 4 g (although it doesn't actually say on the packaging, but I have one of the US colours and that one says 4 g, so I'm assuming this is the same). There's currently a buy 1 get 1 half price offer on make up in Boots. It's a great price (considering that Mac paint pots for example cost £14.50 and you only get 1 g more), and finally there are 8 shades available in the UK (still not enough though if you ask me).

Have you tried these eyeshadows yet? Let me know what you think in the comments!

See more pictures after the jump!




Taken with flash

Taken without flash in natural daylight

Taken with flash

Taken without flash in natural daylight

Comparison swatches:

Mac Fresco Rose, Maybelline Pink Gold, Rimmel Get Fresh
Taken with flash

Mac Fresco Rose, Maybelline Pink Gold, Rimmel Get Fresh
Taken without flash in natural daylight

Mac Fresco Rose, Maybelline Pink Gold, Rimmel Get Fresh
Taken with flash

Mac Fresco Rose, Maybelline Pink Gold, Rimmel Get Fresh
Taken without flash in natural daylight

1 comment:

  1. I have a few of these - including the four Limited Edition Fall 2012 Fashion Week; Barely Beige, Gold Shimmer, Mossy Green and Rich Mahogany. I'm not 100% sold, but as you say, they're great when there's not enough time before getting out of the door. I do find that they crease on me, much worse than the MAC Paint Pots. Performance is just about OK with UD primer - lasts just about my working day (about six hours).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...