Tuesday 9 October 2012

Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Amore - Review and Swatches

Stila has released a new liquid lipstick called Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick. I was sent a sample in the colour Amore to try out and here's what I thought about it.


Firstly, let me say that the name "Stay All Day" is actually a terrible name. To me this suggests 8+ hours of wear, minimum. Even Stila only claim this is supposed to provide 6 hours of continuous wear. So putting "all day" in the name is pretty much like putting "miracle" in the name, it puts my expectations so high, the product can only fail afterwards.

I'd say this lipstick stayed on me for 4 hours, but with eating and drinking it quickly disappeared from the inner part of my lipst mostly just leaving a not very attractive rim after a couple of hours. I found application quite difficult as there doesn't seem to be a stopper at the end of the tube, so when you pull the wand out, the doefoot applicator is covered in the product. Therefore unless you wipe it off on a tissue (and wasting loads), you are applying way too much product on your lips. It feels quite nice and smooth when applied, it quickly dries down and feels a bit dry on the lips. I kept wanting to lick my lips as they didn't feel comfortable. It wasn't drying though, but not moisturising either (which is another thing Stila claims this does).

The colour Amore is a vampy plum shade, perfect for autumn and winter. It's actually very similar to my hair colour right now. You get only 3 ml for £15 which actually makes this liquid lipstick more expensive than Guerlain! Their Rouge G L'Extrait liquid lipsticks retail for £29.50 for 6 ml, so double the size of this one. They are actually very similar products, but if I had to choose I'd go for the Guerlain ones, the gorgeous case with mirror is just so much nicer than a see through plastic tube.

All in all I like this, but don't love it. The colour's nice, but the formula isn't the best, it doesn't last as long as it claims, the name is stupid (6 hours is NOT all day) and the packaging is really not great. I won't be purchasing the other colours in this line.

See more pictures including swatches after the jump!






Taken with flash

Taken without flash in natural daylight



*This product was provided for free for consideration, however, all opinions are mine and unaffected.

2 comments:

  1. Shame it didn't live up to its claims - it looks really lovely on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a shame about the wear time, I'd been wondering how these lasted! The colour does look good on you though!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...