Friday 13 July 2012

NOTD: Chanel Diwali Nail Polish

Today I have Chanel's exclusive limited edition nail polish, Diwali to show you. This came out with the Bombay Express collection and I've already showed it to you here, however now I have swatches as well.

Taken with flash

Diwali is a very pretty, light, almost silvery gold, looks like liquid gold on the fingers. The formula is nice, it's a bit on the runnier side, but not too much and this allows you to do thin coats. Opaque in two coats and dries quickly. The brush strokes aren't too noticeable, despite it being rather metallic. Unfortunately Chanel polishes really don't last on me at all long, this one chipped on me within 24 hours, and by 48 hours I had some rather big chips and pretty much on every finger. Nail polish doesn't last that long on me normally, but I would expect to get through a whole day without chipping.

It costs £18 for 13 ml, so it's not cheap, but it's Chanel, so there you go. The Chanel Bombay Express collection is available exclusively from Chanel boutiques, Harrods, Selfridges W1, Selfridges Manchester Exchange, House of Fraser Glasgow and Fenwick Newcastle. I ordered mine from Harrods, they charge £8.50 for shipping (ouch!).

See more pictures after the jump!



Taken without flash in natural daylight

Taken without flash in natural daylight (shade)

Taken with flash

Taken without flash

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...