Sunday 8 July 2012

My Mac Heavenly Creature Haul Part 1 - Skinfinishes

Finally, the long awaited Mac collection, Heavenly Creature has launched in the UK and I have a lot of goodies to show you. I was very excited about all the mineralize products and ended up purchasing all of them, so I will do this haul post in 3 parts. Apart from the mineralize make up, I also bought a couple of tubes of Volcanic Ash Exfoliator which I won't be reviewing just now, but will hopefully get around to doing so sometime soon. So many products, so little time...

First off, here are the Mineralize Skinfinishes (or MSFs) I bought. There were 4 of them launched in this collection: Light Year, Star Wonder, Center Of The Universe and Earthshine. As I wanted to make sure I ended up with the ones I really wanted, as well as ordering from Debenhams as soon as the collection launched, I also picked up one of each MSF with patterns I really wanted. So all in all I ended up with 8 of them. I was actually very lucky in that the MSFs Debenhams sent me are also very much the colours/swirls I was after, but slightly different from the ones I picked up.


In the picture above the MSFs I picked out myself are in the top row and the ones I ordered from Debenhams are in the bottom row. I particularly wanted a Star Wonder with lots of purple and an Earthshine with very little burgundy. Out of the four Light Year is definitely my favourite, even though I thought it would be Star Wonder. I find Light Year less metallic looking on the skin and it's such a gorgeous peachy pink colour. Eartshine is slightly too dark for me to use as a blush (it looks dirty on my cheeks), but I will find a way of using it for sure. I have not worn Center Of The Universe yet, but it's a nice orange/coral blush and will no doubt work well for my skintone.

The MSFs are all very smooth, not gritty or glittery at all. Yes, there's some shimmer, some finer than other, and some of them, in perticular Star Wonder and Earthshine are quite metallic. I've found Light Year the smoothest and less shimmery. It of course depends on the exact pattern and combination of shades within each MSFs. 

Mac Mineralize Skinfinishes cost £21.50 and you get 7 grams which is actually quite a bit less than the usual weight of MSFs, they are normally 9 or 10 g, not sure why the difference. Have you picked up anything from this collection? Have you got a favourite? Let me know in the comments!

See LOTS more pictures including swatches after the jump!



All my pretty skinfinishes

My handpicked skinfinishes

Top row: Light Year, Star Wonder
Bottom row: Earthshine, Center Of The Universe

Top row: Light Year, Star Wonder
Bottom row: Earthshine, Center Of The Universe

Light Year, Star Wonder

Earthshine, Center Of The Universe

My Debenhams order

Top row: Light Year, Star Wonder
Bottom row: Earthshine, Center Of The Universe

Top row: Light Year, Star Wonder
Bottom row: Earthshine, Center Of The Universe

Light Year, Star Wonder

Earthshine, Center Of The Universe

And here they are in pairs. The ones I handpicked are on the right.

Light Year

Star Wonder

Center Of The Universe

Eartshine

Finally, the swatches. I only swatched one of each MSF, tried to mix the colours up as well as I could. Please bear in mind that the swatch colour will vary depending on the exact ratio of colours in each MSFs.

Light Year, Star Wonder, Center Of The Universe, Eartshine
Taken with flash

Light Year, Star Wonder, Center Of The Universe, Eartshine
Taken without flash in natural daylight

5 comments:

  1. They're all so pretty! I ordered Light Year and Star Wonder today, I hope they have swirls as good as yours when the arrive:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The MSFs are always absolutely beautiful products but these are particularly pretty! I love the almost heart shaped swirls in your handpicked Earthshine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the first collection in ages that I was excited about. I have ordered all the MSF's all the blushers and 2 eyeshadows. They are for my birthday which isn't till December so gonna get hubby to check they are all ok when they arrive and put them away till December. I know it will be hell but I am happy I got them before they sold out and can wait to open them later........i think LOL :0) xxxJoolsxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that is one helluva long wait! :o Wishing you all the patience! But like you said at least you got them before they sold out. :)

      Delete
  4. these look beaaaautiful! star wonder is so gorgeous. ah.

    anansays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...