Thursday 5 July 2012

My Half Price Guerlain Haul :)

I don't know what I love more, using make up or buying make up. While I love choosing what I'm going to wear each day and applying it, seeing the looks turn out nicely (or sometimes not so) and making me look better than I started out (usually), I also love the anticipation of new make up collections and buying make up so much. I think we can safely say, I'm addicted to make up, both using and buying it.

With June being a slightly slow month for new collections (didn't like the new Mac collections and I'd pretty much bought everything from the other summer collections by the beginning of the month), I was itching to spend some more money on some pretty make up. So when I heard about the sale coming up at Bentalls (a department store where my nearest Guerlain counter is), I made sure I can go there as soon as it started and check out the Guerlain sale. One of the very few high end brands to have sales, they often have discontinued or left over limited edition Guerlain products for 50% the original price. This time they actually had a lot of things, including foundations, blushes, eyeshadows and even some Cruel Gardenia highlighters (yes, I thought they were completely sold out, but clearly not). So I took the opportunity to stock up on essentials and a few nice-to-haves. Here's what I picked up:


I bought a Parure Aqua liquid foundation in 03 Beige Naturel, Parure Nuit highlighter, Rouge G in 75 Rose Barbare and Terracotta Blush & Sun blushes in 01 Sun Light and 02 Sun Kissed. (I also picked up a Parure Aqua liquid foundation in 02 Beige Clair in the John Lewis sale - not pictured. Beige Clair is my winter shade and Beige Naturel is my summer shade, and I have just run out of my bottle of Beige Clair.) As you can see, they were all half price, so I ended up saving a significant amount of money. If there's anything I like more than shopping for make up is shopping for bargains!

Have you found any beauty bargains in the sales lately? Share your findings in the comments!

See another picture of my findings after the jump!



6 comments:

  1. Soooo jealous! Congratulations on your haul- lots of nice treats in there. Unfortunately, Guerlain just never goes on sale here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great buy. I can't even get Guerlain near me, let alone on sale. Lucky you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great purchase, oh my I'm soo jealous! haha
    cant wait to see swatches and reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. After our emails I've found a small pharmacy here in camden town, close to m&s that still have sales on some guerlain items, there were 4 parure de nuit, various shades of parure aqua, lip liner in 00 coupidon, eyebrow pencils, powder khol and other things. I ended up buying a le2 volume mascara in brown and a mono in L'instant Fauve, so happy!!
    Giulia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Giulia,
      Glad to hear you've found some Guerlain goodies in the sale too! :) Guerlain sales are the best! x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...