Sunday 22 July 2012

Mac Volcanic Ash Exfoliator

Mac has repromoted their (in)famous Volcanic Ash Exfoliator in the Heavenly Creature collection and surprisingly it's still in stock, so I thought I'd review it quickly for those who are still debating whether to get it.


What is it? Volcanic Ash Exfoliator is a coarse black coloured sweet smelling facial scrub/exfoliator that comes in a squeezy tube. It's made mostly of sugar, but it also contains some volcanic ash that gives it it's black colour. It is quite rough, although the sugar crystals do melt when rubbed, but I think those with sensitive skin might want to try it first to see if it's gentle enough for them. For me, this is the best facial scrub I've ever tried, and I also love using it as a lip scrub. It's very effective, it leaves my skin smooth. It's more gentle than St. Ives Apricot Scrub which I also like, but that is admittedly very rough. I use Volcanic Ash Exfoliator probably once or twice a week, depending on whether I remember to do so.

It comes in a 100 ml tube and one tube lasts me about 6 months if not more. You really only need a small amount. Unfortunately it is limited edition again, so if you like it, be sure to stock up on it, you don't know when it'll next come out (if it does). It's silly for skincare to be limited edition in my opinion, but what can you do, that's Mac for you?!

A tube of Volcanic Ash Exfoliator costs £21, which I believe is quite a bit more than what it cost 2 years ago, but I can't remember exactly. This time I only bought 2 tubes because I still have probably 5 or 6 left (I managed to buy 3 in the CCO in Florida last year). Hope they will repromote is again because it is definitely my favourite scrub.

See more pictures after the jump!









5 comments:

  1. Do you think this would be ok for oily/acne prone skin??

    http://passionformakeup11.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought five of these just by the reputation - have tried it once, and I love it! Also works great on my feet lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a very oily T-zone area. I have tried many scrubs and none of it works, have you tried scrubbing your nose with this? does this work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't say whether it reduces oiliness or not, I don't have very oily skin. Have you tried a primer to reduce oiliness on your nose?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...