Monday 2 July 2012

Guerlain Terracotta Light Sheer Bronzing Powder 04 Sun Blondes Review and Swatches

You are probably starting to think that I'm completely mad for buying so many bronzers, but I really got sucked into Guerlain this summer and ended up buying this gorgeous Terracotta Light Sheer Bronzing Powder in Sun Blondes as well as the other two bronzers I've already shown you (not to mention the ones from Dior and Chanel). I wasn't going to get this because I already have two similar ones (Blondes and Blondes Halees), but when the sales assitant showed it to me, I just couldn't say no. (This is the last bronzer I'm buying this year though, I promise.)


I'm not entirely sure if this shade and Sun Brunettes are limited edition for the summer or not, but they are still widely available, so you can pick them up if you so wish. The biggest difference between Sun Blondes and the original Blondes shade is that Sun Blondes is quite a bit pinker. It is also darker, so more suitable for the summer. Blondes Halees (limited edition summer shade from 2 years ago) is very similar to Sun Blondes, but it's a bit less pink and maybe a bit darker.

The compacts are practically the same dark brown plastic compacts with mirror in the lid. You get 10 g, so it's a nice size and they cost £33.50. (Obviously Blondes Halees isn't available anymore, but you can buy Blondes which is part of the permanent Terracotta collection.)

Did I need Sun Blondes? No, not really. If I had had Blondes Halees with me at the time, I probably wouldn't have got it as they really are very similar. If you missed out on Blondes Halees a couple of years ago, then Sun Blondes is a very good alternative. It gives my cheeks a pinky brown tint, I look like I've just caught the sun slightly. It's a bit shimmery, so not really an all over bronzing powder, but is lovely as a pink/bronzy blush. I adore its scent as well, which is hard to explain, but it's the usual Guerlain Terracotta scent (not parma violet like the Meteorites).

See more pictures including comparison swatches after the jump!







Sun Blondes (top)
Blondes (bottom left), Blondes Halees (bottom right)

Blondes, Sun Blondes, Blondes Halees
Taken with flash

Blondes, Sun Blondes, Blondes Halees
Taken without flash in natural daylight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...