Thursday 21 June 2012

My Guerlain Summer Collection Haul Part 3 - Terracotta Gloss and Terracotta Vernis

Here's another installment of my Guerlain summer collection haul (and I'm not finished yet!) and this time I want to show you the lipgloss and the two nail polishes I bought.


I got the Terracotta gloss in #10 Porto Fino which is a lovely coral shade with a hint of pink. Terracota glosses are non-sticky, smooth and really quite lovely. Porto Fino is quite pigmented, it definitely shows up on me, but it doesn't last very long, maybe 1.5 hours at most. It feels very comfortable on the lips and it's not at all drying.

I think a lot of people (including me) were surprised to see that there were two nail polishes in this collection as I had never come across any nail polish by Guerlain. I have to say though, I think they are actually pretty good. The orangy coral one is called Paradisio and the purple-blue one is Riviera. Paradisio is incredibly bright, almost neon, such a great summer colour, and Riviera is just a gorgeous, very unique colour (or at least I don't own anything like it).

Paradisio is a cream, it has a lovely formula, very smooth and almost completely opaque in one coat (I used two). Unfortunately it chipped on me very quickly (you will see in the pictures I already had a large chip after about 15 hours of wear), but it could be due to the base coat being applied a whole day beforehand. (Nothing lasts on me long, 3 days is my record for being chip free.)

Riviera lasted much better (on a fresh top coat), 2 days in I still only had a couple of small chips. Riviera is a beautiful purpley blue colour and it's a frost. Not a duochrome, just a gorgeous purple-blue. I'm sorry the pictures aren't great quality, but my camera doesn't do purples and they always turn blue, so I used my phone to capture the true colour. The picture taken with flash is the best colour match.

Terracotta glosses cost £21 for 5 ml, and Terracotta nail polishes cost £17.50 for 11.5 ml.

See more pictures including swatches after the jump!






Taken with flash

Taken without flash in natural daylight


Wearing Porto Fin on the lips (and Terra Azzurra on the cheeks)

Taken with flash

Taken without flash in natural daylight

Taken with flash

Taken without flash in natural daylight

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...