Tuesday 26 June 2012

Barbara Daly Long Wear Eyeshadow Pencils Review and Swatches

On a recent trip to Tesco I found these Barbara Daly Long Wear Eyeshadow Pencils and thought I'd give them a try. They look very similar to the Topshop ones which I love and at £6.75 each you can't go too wrong. I bought two shades, Shimmer Sand (pinky beige with high sheen, no shimmer despite the name) and Black Marble (shimmery charcoal grey).


The eyeshadows claim to be long wearing and creaseproof. I agree with them being long-wearing, once they set, they're not going anywhere and last through the whole day, but they aren't as creaseproof as I had hoped (in particular Shimmer Sand). I wore Shimmer Sand with and without a primer, without it creased quite significantly. With primer (Too Faced Shadow Insurance) it also creased a bit, but wasn't too noticable. I haven't tried it as a base yet. As I often wear cream eyeshadows when I don't have much time to get ready as they're so easy, I expect them to be creaseproof, at the very least on top of primer. With Shimmer Sand it wasn't too bad as it's a lighter shade. I wore Black Marble yesterday in the crease very lightly applied and blended very thouroughly with a crease brush and it held up beautifully without creasing. So maybe the secret is to apply a very thin layer and blend out very thouroughly.

The formula is very nice, the eyeshadow glides on very easily and can be blended out with your finger as well as a brush. They dry pretty quickly and once set, you need make up remover to get them off. Both colours are lovely, Black Marble has some fine shimmer whereas Shimmer Sand has more of a sheen instead of shimmer. Shimmer Sand reminds me of Urban Decay Sin Primer Potion. There are also two other shades available, Bronze Gold and Sand. You get 1.64 g and the product comes in a twist pen with a lid.

These eyeshadows cost £6.75 and there's currently a 3 for 2 offer on all Barbara Daly products at Tesco.

See more pictures after the jump!




Black Marble

Shimmer Sand

Black Marble, Shimmer Sand
Taken with flash

Black Marble, Shimmer Sand
Taken without flash in natural daylight

Black Marble, Shimmer Sand
Taken without flash in direct sunlight

Wearing Shimmer Sand all over the eyelid

Shimmer Sand with primer underneath after 3 hours' wear

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...