Tuesday 15 May 2012

Guerlain Shine Automatique Lipstick #220 Pour Troubler Review and Swatches

Last month I reviewed Guerlain Shine Automatique #200 Sous Le Vent which is a lovely nude shade, and now it's time to check out one of the brighter shades in the line. There are a few very nice shades, but in the end I decided to go for one of the most pigmented of the 12 available, #220 Pour Troubler, a gorgeous slightly pinky red with gold shimmer.


This is a really pretty shade, pigmented enough to show up nicely and last for a couple of hours. I think I'd recommend it to someone who is a bit afraid of wearing a red lipstick, as this isn't as full on as some other red lipsticks I own. I also wore this over Mac Throw Me A Line! lipliner (from the Hey Sailor collection) and to my surprise it actually lasted for 4 hours without fading! The liner isn't a true match, it's a lot less pink than the lipstick, but it worked fine. I've included a picture at the end of me wearing Pour Troubler over Throw Me A Line, but this time the liner is only around the edges, so you can see the true colour of the lipstick too. (I have to admit, until recently I never thought about wearing a lipliner ALL OVER the lips, I thought they were just supposed to go around the outline of the lips, like eyeliners do on eyes, but what do I know, eh?)

This one felt a bit more gritty than Sous Le Vent, it does actually have a lot more glitter/shimmer. Not too bad, but definitely more noticable. Otherwise the formula is lovely, very lightweight, moisturisingand feels comfortable on the lips. You get 3.5 g for your money ie. £24.50 which is your regular lipstick weight. The tube is the same as the regular Rouge Automatiques, the lipstick pops up when you push the slider down. The packaging is lightweight and not too bulky, so you can carry it around happily (not like the Rouge G lipsticks that weigh a ton!)

There are a few other shades that interest me (particularly some of the pinks), so I expect to be back with more reviews soon.

See more pictures including swatches after the jump!







Taken with flash

Taken without flash in natural daylight

On the lips with Mac Throw Me A Line! lip pencil around the edges

On the lips with Mac Throw Me A Line! lip pencil around the edges

2 comments:

  1. I love pinky reds - I find them more flattering on me than other reds. This one's a bit pricey for me, though

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh... That color is sooo pretty! It looks good on you too :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...