Sunday 15 April 2012

NOTD: Layla Hologram Effect Nail Polish in Ultra Violet

Here's the second Layla Hologram Effect Nail Polish I got from Simply Occasions. If you missed out on Mermaid Spell, you can check it out here.Ultra Violet is a beautiful violet shade (doh!) with gorgeous holographic shimmer. This is slightly more holo than Mermaid Spell, you can properly see the rainbows there.

With flash

Once again, I used 3 coats, 2 below and one above the Seche Vite topcoat to make the polish longer lasting and more vibrant. Unfortunately it's not long lasting at all, chipped on me very quickly. You can already see some chipping in the photos and they were taken the day after I painted my nails. Sadly this seems to be one of the characteristics of holographic nail polishes.

This cost £11.25 and can be ordered from Simply Occasions. You get free shipping if you order over £21, otherwise it's a very reasonable £2.50. Each polish is 10 ml which makes them rather expensive, but it is hard to find holo polishes this pretty, so that's my excuse anyway!

See more pictures after the jump!



With flash

Without flash under strong indoor light

Without flash under strong indoor light

Without flash under strong indoor light

2 comments:

  1. this is gorgeous, but I just can't justify spending so much on a polish D:

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...