Thursday 12 April 2012

My Mac In Extra Dimension Haul Pictures and Swatches

I was very excited about this collection when I first heard about it and as I thought I would, I ended up buying nearly everything. The only things I didn't buy were the brushes and 3 eyeshadows: the black one because I don't really use black eyeshadows, the silver one because it's very similar to the Estee Lauder silver Cyber Eyes eyeshadow and the brown/bronze one because again, I don't use that much brown. The rest I just had to have.


I would like to point out that I haven't actually used any of these as I wanted to wait until I can photograph them which I finally managed to do yesterday, so I can't really report on wear time, etc. I have only swatched them on my arm, so I can only comment on that. The texture of these eyeshadows is very similar to the Barbara Daly ones I've reviewed here and here, they also look suspiciously similar. They are definitely powder shadows, but they also feel creamy and they're wonderfully smooth. My favourites are definitely the purples, although they are all really pretty. I'm a bit sad there weren't some more interesting shades like green, yellow, fuschia, etc., but what can you do?


The skinfinishes are even creamier and very smooth. I swatched them heavily and then blended them out with my finger and they are very blendable. They are also very frosty, so you need to use them sparingly, unless you are going for a sexy cyber woman look.

The eyeshadows cost £16.50 each and you get 2 g, the skinfinishes are £21.50 each and they're 9 g each, much like the regular mineralize skinfinishes. Most of these are still in stock on the Mac website except for Whisper of Gilt and Superb skinfinishes. Debenhams is almost entirily sold out, but then they did have a 10% off and 500 bonus points event.

See more pictures including swatches after the jump!



Top row: Modern Pewter, Sweet Heat, Lunar
Bottom row: Grand Galaxy, Young Venus, Blue Orbit, Rich Core

Top row: Modern Pewter, Sweet Heat, Lunar
Bottom row: Grand Galaxy, Young Venus, Blue Orbit, Rich Core

Modern Pewter, Sweet Heat, Lunar, Grand Galaxy, Young Venus, Blue Orbit, Rich Core
Taken with flash

Modern Pewter, Sweet Heat, Lunar, Grand Galaxy, Young Venus, Blue Orbit, Rich Core
Taken without flash

Modern Pewter, Sweet Heat, Lunar, Grand Galaxy, Young Venus, Blue Orbit, Rich Core
Taken without flash in direct sunlight

Whisper of Gilt, Glorify, Superb

Whisper of Gilt, Glorify, Superb

Whisper of Gilt, Glorify, Superb
Taken with flash

Whisper of Gilt, Glorify, Superb
Taken without flash in direct sunlight

5 comments:

  1. Wow..........they´re so wounderful..........
    I will all ☺.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how Modern Pewter, Lunar and Grand Galaxy look! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved and wanted everything from this collection! I got the purple and neutral colored shadows, since I go for mostly neutral looks, and the light colored skinfinishes. The skinfinishes also make great eye highlighters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! I'm really impressed! :-) beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...