Monday 30 April 2012

Guerlain Summer 2012 Collection - Ecrin 4 Couleurs 13 Capri Review and Swatches

Summer is coming and so are the new summer collections. The one that interests me most is Guerlain's Terra Azzurra collection and I just can't wait to get my hands on most of the products from the collection. So when I saw the new eyeshadow quad, #13 Capri up on eBay, I had to snap it up. I was lucky as I paid less than half of the retail price, although mine - while brand new - didn't come with the velvet pouch or the outer box.


So this is it. A very summery looking quad with a shimmering white gold shade, a bright matte pink, a shimmery coral and a deep slightly shimmery brown. Bit of an odd combination with the coral and pink, but you can either use just 2 or 3 shades, or work the whole lot into one look (which I did with the pink on my eyelid, coral in the inner third, brown in the crease and the shimmery white gold to highlight - sadly I have no pictures).

The brown would work well as an eyeliner as well as crease colour. It is the most pigmented shade in the quad, it is absolutely gorgeous. The shimmery white gold is stunning, it has lots of small flecks of fine glitter, but it's actually still quite subtle with very minimal fallout. The pink is almost completely matte and is rather chalky, but it is buildable, however I'd advise patting it on rather than swiping. The coral is a big letdown, it looks gorgeous in the pan but sadly it has a very poor colour payoff, the shadow is not at all buttery, it's hard and not much colour comes off it when swiped. I haven't tried it wet yet, that might work, but I tend not to use my eyeshadows wet, so I need them to work well dry too.

The compact is shiny and bronze instead of Guerlain's usual black. As I said mine didn't come with the velvet pouch or the box, so I don't know what those look like.

All in all, this quad has positives and negatives. The price will be a negative to a lot of people, I think it's likely to be £37 as that's how much the other quads cost. You get 7.2 g of eyeshadows, so that's not bad, but at this quality I don't know if I could recommend it. I do love the brown and white gold shades very much, but the other two, especially the coral are not very nice. They're okay, but not that great. So to me this definitely doesn't live up to the normal Guerlain standards.

Se more pictures including swatches after the jump!







With flash

Without flash in natural daylight

Without flash in direct sunlight

4 comments:

  1. This quad is absolutely amazing, it screams summer! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw a gorgeous eyelook with this palette on beauty reflections - made me want it so much

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is odd your pink and coral shade were lacking quality. Your swatches do look very sheer. Those shades in my palette are excellent and swatched beautifully. Maybe they have some consistency in quality issues?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That may be the case. The coral stripe in my Blush G (from the Noir collection 2 years ago) feels very hard and doesn't apply very well either. :( Bit of a bummer at this price.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...