Friday 30 December 2011

2011's Favourite Products: Part 3 - Lip and Nails

2011 was definitely the year of the lipstick for me. I purchased over 100 new lipsticks, spent a whole month wearing a different lipstick every day and really got into wearing bold, bright shades that I used to shy away from. So let's have a quick rundown of this year's favourite lipstick - in no particular order.

Guerlain Rouge G lipsticks have become one of my favourite lipsticks and this year out of them all Garconne and Girly, the two bright autumn shades were my absolutely favourites. Garconne is the most perfect red lipstick for me, and Girly is a fun bright pink shade.

Guerlain Rouge G in Girly (left) and Garconne (right)

Keep reading to see which other lipsticks made it into my favourites!



Still with Guerlain, I also love their new Rouge Automatiques. These came out in the early spring and I have single handedly bought most of the line. Some of my favourites 165 Champs Elysees and 166 Shalimar, two beautiful bright pinks.

Guerlain Champs-Elysees and Shalimar on the right (top row)

My other favourite brand for lipsticks is Mac and once again I went for their bright pinks and reds (can you see a pattern emerging here?). I discovered the Mattene formula too and Rare Exotic became one of my favourite matte lipstick ever.

Mac Rare Exotic, Impassioned, Girl About Town, Full Fuchsia, Kanga Rouge

This year I also discovered Revlon Super Lustrous lipsticks. Their formula is up there with Guerlain's Rouge G's, but they are much cheaper. There are a lot less shades in the line (at least in the UK that is), but I did manage to find 3 that suit me very well: 435 Love That Pink, 440 Cherries In The Snow and 457 Wild Orchid.

Revlon Love That Pink (left) and Cherries In The Snow (right)

I also need to mention my love for longlasting lipsticks. When I go out for a meal I always reach for these because I know they will last for hours and hours even with eating and drinking. My absolute favourite ones are the Max Factor Lipfinity Colour & Gloss longlasting lipsticks. These are the ones with the liquid lipstick on one end and the coloured gloss on the other. I also quite like the original Lipfinity lipsticks with the separate balm, but these ones are easier and the gloss is prettier on top than the balm I think. 


Despite owning over 500 and purchasing around 60 lipglosses this year, 2011 has not really been the year of the lipgloss for me. I rarely layer lipglosses over lipsticks and tend to reach for lipsticks instead, so that leaves my poor lipglosses rather unloved. Hmm, maybe time for a great lipgloss challenge next year!

However, there are a few lipglosses that I really really liked this year and those are the Strictly Fabulous lipglosses. I took them to Florida with me and that's when I fell in love. I reviewed them after returning from Florida, make sure you scroll down all the way to the bottom of that post!


I also thought I'd include my favourite nail polishes in this post as I don't want to do a very detailed list anyway. 2011 was the year of discovering brands like China Glaze, OPI, Andrea Fulerton, Color Club and expanding my collection of Zoya polishes as well. I never even knew nail polishes came out in seasonal collections before, let alone knew about all these awesome brands! I also bought my first ever Chanel nail polish this year! Here are some random photos of my nail polish collection, for more information check out my posts here: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3 of my nail polish collection! I'll be back with my skincare favourites tomorrow!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...