Friday 19 August 2011

Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol. 4

Another Urban Decay palette to get excited about, or not as it may be for some. Not out yet, but this newest Book of Shadows is Urban Decay's holiday offering for this year. Containing 16 eyeshadows (10 of which are new and exclusive to this set) and a whole load of other stuff (including five QR codes that you can plug into your iPhone to access five online video tutorials featuring products from the palette and a speaker to use with your phone) and featuring pop up butterflies, this is the biggest, bulkiest Book of Shadows so far.


I don't really know how I feel about this yet. The palette appears to be extremely bulky with all the extra technical stuff (plus there's also a liquid eyeliner, a mascara and a small primer potion included) and the shades seem a bit blah to me. There are a few interesting ones, but there's also a lot of neutrals and I've just got a load of those with my 15 Year Anniversary Eyeshadow Palette (plus I have the Naked Palette too).

I haven't got this yet (I believe it won't be released for a while yet), but Christine at Temptalia has already reviewed it and I gather some of the eyeshadows lack the usual Urban Decay quality. Also, I haven't got an iPhone, so all the technical extras are completely lost on me. It is still good value for money and since I have all the other Books of Shadows, I might as well get it (I have heard this will be the last one). Will you be purchasing it? If not, why not? Let me know in the comments.

See another image after the jump!




Image source: Temptalia

2 comments:

  1. I haven't decided! I don't like the colours as much as those in the other BOSes, but with all the other goodies I'm sure it will be quite the bargain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have 2 palettes from UD!
    I think I'll pass this


    http://summer-noniek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...