Sunday 14 August 2011

Urban Decay 15 Year Anniversary Eyeshadow Palette Review And Swatches

Aah, isn't it beautiful? I'm very happy to be the proud owner of Urban Decay's latest eyeshadow palette, the 15 Year Anniversary Eyeshadow Collection. It's a limited edition and seems to be always sold out in the US, but luckily it is readily available in the UK from Debenhams and House of Fraser for £39.


So where do I start? You get 15 eyeshadows that are all new and exclusive to the set. I'm sure many of them dupeable though, either with other Urban Decay eyeshadows, or different brands. However, the palette has a very good mix of neutrals and brights and at £39 it's a steal. You get 15 full size eyeshadows for under £3 each! Urban Decay single eyeshadows retail at £13 each. Enough said. Quality wise the eyeshadows are excellent. There are a couple of exceptions, namely Midnight Rodeo which is a glitterbomb (pretty much the same as Midnight Cowboy), I used it today and ended up with glitter all over my face, and Tainted which is just a bit unremarkable. Also Blackout is a matte shade and therefore not as butttery as the others, but it's stil very pigmented and not at all chalky. My favourites are Flow, Omen, Deep End and Deeper, the latter has these amazing gold/red/bronzy flecks!

The palette is a nice size, much smaller than the latest Book of Shadows, it has a mirror inside the lid, but comes with nothing extra (meaning eyeliner, primer potion, brush, etc.). Except for the purple velvet tray that I could've done without to be honest, especially if it had saved me a few quid. It's nice, just not necessary, plus it's a pain to try to get the palette in and out of it. Without it, the set is much less bulky too. The lid of the palette does come off very easily, so it's not the best for travelling, but I keep mine in it's plastic sleeve/box anyway, so it's safe enough.

All in all, another good palette from Urban Decay. It's a great bargain and the quality of the shadows is excellent. Well worth checking out if you're a fan of Urban Decay and/or in need of a palette with a good mix of colours.

See lots more pictures and swatches after the jump!



In the plastic sleeve

Back of the palette

Palette inside velvet tray

Velvet tray

The palette itself

Ooh pretty colours!



Midnight Rodeo, Midnight 15, Vanilla, Flow, Chase (with flash)

Midnight Rodeo, Midnight 15, Vanilla, Flow, Chase (without flash in natural daylight)

Midnight Rodeo, Midnight 15, Vanilla, Flow, Chase (without flash in direct sunlight)

Tainted, Junkshow, Omen, Evidence, Deep End (with flash)

Tainted, Junkshow, Omen, Evidence, Deep End (without flash in natural daylight)

Tainted, Junkshow, Omen, Evidence, Deep End (without flash in direct sunlight)

Deeper, M.I.A., Ace, Blackout, Half Truth (with flash)

Deeper, M.I.A., Ace, Blackout, Half Truth (without flash in natural daylight)

Deeper, M.I.A., Ace, Blackout, Half Truth (without flash in direct sunlight)

6 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm your new follower - great blog posts!

    The new UD is in such a beautiful box - quite tempted to get this palette :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks lovely, but almost impossible to get in Sydney :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually really like Tainted! I think it's a very pretty and wearable color. Awesome swatches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi B, and welcome to my blog! :)

    Christy, sorry to hear you can't get it in Sydney. :(

    JC, I used Tainted today and it is okay, certainly very wearable, will post a FOTD with it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colors look SO pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gad, I'm SO jealous! Haha, I have to get this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...