Saturday 6 August 2011

Swatching My Stash: My Boots 17 Single Eyeshadows

I was trying to decide what make up products to take with me on holiday and since I don't like taking my expensive, limited edition, high end stuff, I decided to rummage through my high street (drugstore) stash. This made me remember how much I love Boots' 17 eyeshadows, so I quickly got them all out and swatched them for you. I absolutely love 17 eyeshadows as their texture is consistently great, smooth and buttery, but they really don't cost much at all. (£3.89 each in Boots right now, but there's always a 3 for 2 offer around worth waiting for.)


I own 9 of the eyeshadows, although some of them aren't of the current design, so might not be available anymore, but I'll still show them to you. Most of the eyeshadows in the range are shimmery with high sheen, there are some glittery and some matte ones, although for me the best ones are the shimmery ones, their textures are the best.

Without further ado here are the pictures of my 17 eyeshadow singles. I will also swatch my trios later (I have 5 of those).

Top row: Funfair, Superstar, Gold Digger
Middle row: Gold Emerald, Rose Quartz, Viva Diva
Bottom row: Statesque, Punky Purple, Heart Breaker

Top row: Funfair, Superstar, Gold Digger
Bottom row: Gold Emerald, Rose Quartz, Viva Diva
With flash in direct sunlight


Statesque, Punky Purple, Heart Breaker (with flash)

Top row: Funfair, Superstar, Gold Digger
Bottom row: Gold Emerald, Rose Quartz, Viva Diva
Without flash in direct sunlight

Statesque, Punky Purple, Heart Breaker (without flash in direct sunlight)


6 comments:

  1. I love the Boots 17 eye shadows! I really like the 'Funfair' colour <3 The 17 collection is pretty amazing - the nail polishes are great xx

    http://allthingsprettyandsparkly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has reminded me how much I like Rose Quartz! Great swatches x

    ReplyDelete
  3. There prob is a reason I shouldn't but on the odd occasion I've been known to use Funfair as a cheek highlighter it's such a lovely colour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, Funfair as a cheek highlighter sounds like a great idea! :) And yep, Rose Quartz is gorgeous! Thank you all for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use Funfair as a cheek highlight too. Never ound a way to make it work on my eyes. *hint hint, nudge nudge to a FOTD using it*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will try to post a FOTD feautirng Funfair, but in any case, I think it's very wearable either on it's own with black eyeliner and lots of black lashes, or with some silver/grey in the crease and lighter pink above the crease? I've yet to try it as a cheek highlighter, but since so many of you love it, I definitely will!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...