Monday 29 August 2011

NOTD: Chanel Peridot - My First Ever Chanel Nail Polish!

I was very excited when I first saw pictures of Chanel's fall collection, especially when I saw pictures of Peridot nail polish. It instantly reminded me of Scarab beetles, it being green-gold with blue sheen. Never seen a nail polish that colour before. So I bought it last Monday and I've finally got around to wearing it. 


I love it, it's so beautiful. In the bottle it's green-gold with blue around the edges of the bottle, and I was a bit afraid this wouldn't transfer as well onto my nails, but it did. Depending on how the light hits them, my nails are gold, green, even blueish green, or all of the above. Not easy to catch in photos, but I have sort of managed, be sure to check out the pictures after the jump! (Sorry about the picture quality, I used my phone to take the photos as I was pressed for time.)

Formulawise it's lovely. Goes on like a dream, not too thick, not too runny, dries quickly and it's soooo shiny! It took only 2 coats to be completely opaque. Unfortunately it did chip me within the first 24 hours, but I always like to point out that almost everything chips on me within a day, that's because I have crappy soft, bendy nails. It costs £17.50 for a 13 ml bottle, so it's not cheap, but it is Chanel after all. Is it worth it? It is a very unique shade, so I would say it is, but if you're on a tight budget, you might just want to wait and see if cheaper brands come up with a dupe as they often do. Of course there's also the small matter of this shade being sold out already, as unfortunately it's a limited edition shade.

Don't forget to let me know in the comments if you bought this and whether you like it or not. 

See lots of pictures after the jump!







Finally you can see the amazing blueish green shade (both my nails and the bottle from this angle!):


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...