Sunday 28 August 2011

Biore Facial Deep Cleansing and Ultra Deep Cleansing Pore Strips

Confession time: I have a lot of blackheads. Mainly on my nose, but also my chin and and a good few on my forehead too. However, I'm a whimp, so I don't have my pores cleaned out by professionals. I don't know why, I just never go to a beautician, never been other than before my wedding, never want to go again. I didn't have big blemishes as a teenager, so I didn't need to go and so I never got used to the idea I guess. So instead I do it by myself and the help of Biore Facial Deep Cleansing and Ultra Deep Cleansing Pore Strips.


The one on the left is for your forehead and chin, the one on the right is for your nose. Otherwise they're pretty much the same things, small paper strips coated in sticky stuff that you put on your wet face, wait for them to dry, then peel off and voila, dirt from your pores is pulled out with them.

I have to confess to another thing: I love studying these little strips once they're off to see just how much dirt they pulled out of my pores. I know, it's disgusting, but somehow it makes me feel good about myself. I'm doing something for my skin, after all the abuse it's subjected to with me wearing make up 7 days a week for about 14-15 hours a day. Now don't worry, I will not be showing you the used strips, wouldn't want to give you nightmares or make you sick.

Carry on reading my review and see more pictures after the jump!


Okay, back to being serious. You get 6 strips in each pack, so at £7.99 per pack these are not cheap, but they are the best ones I've tried so far, so I keep repurchasing them. I often find a buy one get one free or half price offer on them in Boots or Superdrug, so I tend to bulk buy them then. I use them about twice a week, and although I still have lots of blackheads left, they do pull out a lot during each application. I would certainly recommend them, however, if you know of some really good pore strips that work well for you, please let me know in the comments because I'm always open to trying new things out. Oh one more thing though, they claim to diminish the appearance of your pores if used regularly, well that doesn't happen to me. But then my biggest pores are to the side of my nose and they're not clogged, so I don't actually use these on them.

Finally here are some pictures. I also photographed the back of the boxes for the instructions and you can see pictures of the strips (unused!).




Biore Facial Deep Cleansing Pore Strip

Biore Facial Deep Cleansing Pore Strip

Biore Ultra Deep Cleansing Pore Strip

Biore Ultra Deep Cleansing Pore Strip

1 comment:

  1. I totally study the strips post-use -- you're not alone! I also thoroughly examine my face for blackheads whenever I have 15 minutes to myself in the house and use an extractor on ones I don't think will hurt.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...