Wednesday 20 July 2011

Urban Decay Rollergirl Is Finally Mine!

Although it seems the UK isn't getting Urban Decay's Rollergirl sets, I've managed to get my hands on the eyeshadow/lipgloss set thanks to eBay. I would also love the mini nail polish set, but so far I haven't had any luck. Still hoping the sets will make it to the UK, but considering that these are for the summer and it's already mid-July, I doubt it. Still, at least I have the eyeshadow/lipgloss set which is what I wanted most anyway.


The set contains a 4-colour-eyeshadow palette, a miniLip Junkie lipgloss and a travel sized 24/7 eyeliner pencil in Whiskey. The colours in the palette are Woodstock, Verve, Suspect and Darkhorse. If you think you've heard them before, it's because some of them have been released in sets before and/or are permanent single eyeshadows. Woodstock came out as a Sephora exclusive single, but has also been included in the recent Fun Palette. Verve is exclusive to this palette, not available separately. Suspect was included in the I♥NYC Book Of Shadows (which is currently available on the Debenhams website by the way!), but it is not available to purchase as a single. Darkhorse has been included in two palettes: The Naked Palette and also The Feminine Palette. It isn't available to purchase as a single either.

I think this palette is a great, more travel friendly alternative to the Naked Palette, in that it contains 3 neutrals that can create a variety of looks including smoky eyes, but also you can jazz up your look with the bright pink Woodstock. You also get Whiskey eyeliner (also included with the Naked Palette, not available to purchase separately) which is a nice dark brown, less harsh than a black one, and a hot pink lipgloss. The eyeshadows are soft and buttery (Woodstock less than the other 3, but still nice), the eyeliner is smooth and has excellent staying power, and Crush Lip Junkie has a lovely cooling mint scent (for reference, I have not tried it on yet, only swatched it on my arm). The set retails for $32 in the US and is a great value for money considering that it contains 4 eyeshadows (1 g each which is 2/3 of the full sized singles that cost $17 each) which alone would add up to $45, plus a travel size 24/7 eyeliner pencil and mini Lip Junkie lipgloss. Of course it's not that great if you already own half the shades, but I thought that instead of buying Woodstock on its own for £13, I'd fork out £9 more and get Verve and the other two (which I already have), plus a back up for my Whiskey liner and try out the Lip Junkie lipgloss. Would be mad not to, right?

See more pictures including swatches after the jump!











Woodstock, Verve, Suspect, Darkhorse, Whiskey, Crush (with flash)

Woodstock, Verve, Suspect, Darkhorse, Whiskey, Crush (without flash in natural daylight)

Woodstock, Verve, Suspect, Darkhorse, Whiskey, Crush (without flash in direct sunlight)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...