Monday 4 July 2011

Accessorize Diamond Sparkle Lipgloss Review and Swatches

Are you bored of my Accessorize reviews yet? Hope not, as I have some really lovely lipglosses to show you. I actually bought these when I first discovered Accessorize make up back in November 2010, and I'm ashamed to admit that I've only just started using them after my second haul a couple of weeks ago. I have so many other lipglosses, these just never got a look in. BUT I have now started using them and I have to say, I am very happy with them. So much so that I bought another shade just last week which I included at the bottom of this post as I took these photos before then.

Mysterious, Captivating, Crush, Forgiven, Diva

So these are called Diamond Sparkle Lipglosses basically because they are very sparkly. Some more than others, but all in all they all sparkly. Other than that they are creamy, non sticky, pigmented, pleasantly scented (similar to Mac liplasses, not sicky sweet and not plasticy as some other high street brands) and moderately long wearing. In the end of the day these are lipglosses and as they're not sticky, you shouldn't expect them to last through your lunch, but without eating they will last 2-3 hours on me which is think is fine for glosses. I got 5 shades initially (as above) and out of the 5 Forgiven, a lovely raspberry pink was the least sparkly. It's also a bit more sheer than the others, but that said I wore it on top of a medium pink Avon lipliner today and it came out amazingly pigmented. Very juicy, shiny, little bit sparkly, but nothing like some of the others. You will see from the swatches below that Mysterious and Captivating are the most sparkly of the bunch, but also Diva is pretty sparkly. However, you don't just get sparkles, you also get a fair amount of colour. You can expect some glitter migration as the lipgloss fades, which I guess may put some people off, so I'd recommend you go for the less sparkly shades. I love Crush, a gorgeous coral pink with medium amount of sparkles for example. I also got Bewitch (see at the bottom of the post) which is a very pigmented medium bubblegum pink colour with not too much glitter.

All in all I think these glosses are well worth checking out if you don't mind a bit (or lot) of glitter in your life. You get 3 ml for £4 and you can buy these from Superdrug or Accessorize.

See more pictures and swatches after the jump!



Mysterious, Captivating, Crush, Forgiven, Diva

The doefoot applicator

Mysterious, Captivating, Crush, Forgiven, Diva (with flash)

Mysterious, Captivating, Crush, Forgiven, Diva (without flash under bright indoor light)

Mysterious, Captivating, Crush, Forgiven, Diva (without flash in natural daylight)

My newest one, Bewitch:

Bewitch

Bewitch (with flash)

Bewitch (without flash in natural daylight)

Bewitch (without flash in direct sunlight)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...