Sunday 26 June 2011

Sleek Make Up Mediterranean Collection Monaco Eyeshadow Palette

There's a new Sleek eyeshadow palette out, in fact a new collection called The Mediterranean Collection that includes an eyeshadow palette, a pout polish and a blush. All 3 are limited edition. I only got the eyeshadow palette, which is called Monaco. It comes in a card sleeve with a Mediterranean style image printed on. The actual palette is the usual plain black. It comes with a large mirror inside the palette and a double ended applicator.


It's the same story as with all Sleek eyeshadow palettes, you get 12 highliy pigmented eyeshadows for just £7 (although for some reason I think Superdrug sells them for £6.49, but it says £7 on the Sleek website). These eyeshadows used to cost something like £4.99, but in all fairness, £7 is still a bargain since you get 12 really nice eyeshadows and they are a good size too at just over 1 gram each. This palette contains 4 shimmery and 8 matte shades, and as usual, the shimmery shades are more pigmented and softer, but the matte shades aren't bad quality at all.

I'd like to point out that I haven't worn any of these colours on my eyes yet, but if the swatches are anything to go buy, I can safely say that we have another nice palette here. I personally would like to see more shimmery colours, but I won't grumble too much as between my 11 (?) Sleek eyeshadow palettes, I'm sure to find enough shades to create several looks. (If you missed my video on my collection of Sleek palettes, here it is!) I like it that Sleek names its eyeshadows now, but I wish the names weren't printed on the plastic covering sheet as I tend to throw that out, but never mind, you can't have everything for £7, eh? All in all, another nice palette and I'm already looking forward to the Caribbean collection due out at the beginning of July.

Stay tuned as I will be bringing you the lowdown on the Oh So Special palette too which I have now seen a tester for in Superdrug, although there weren't actually any palettes on the shelf next to it, so not sure if it's actually out yet officially.

See more pictures and swatches after the jump!








Top row: Bamboo, Aquamarine, Midnight Garden, Sunset, Washed Ashore, Magenta Madness
Bottom row: Summer Breeze, Sand Walker, Kiwi Zest, Lotus Flower, Humming Bird, Moors Treasure

Top row: Bamboo, Aquamarine, Midnight Garden
Bottom row: Summer Breeze, Sand Walker, Kiwi Zest

Top row: Sunset, Washed Ashore, Magenta Madness
Bottom row: Lotus Flower, Humming Bird, Moors Treasure

Bamboo, Aquamarine, Midnight Garden, Sunset, Washed Ashore, Magenta Madness (with flash)

Summer Breeze, Sand Walker, Kiwi Zest, Lotus Flower, Humming Bird, Moors Treasure (with flash)

Bamboo, Aquamarine, Midnight Garden, Sunset, Washed Ashore, Magenta Madness (without flash in natural daylight)

Summer Breeze, Sand Walker, Kiwi Zest, Lotus Flower, Humming Bird, Moors Treasure (without flash in natural daylight)

1 comment:

  1. What a great palette. Your swatches are so clear and crisp.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...