Tuesday 14 June 2011

Guerlain Ecrin 6 Colour Eyeshadow Palette Swatches

I'd been thinking about doing this post for a while now, but never got around to do it. After posting about the Guerlain fall 2011 collection, including the new Ecrin 4 colours eyeshadow palettes, I thought it's about time I finally got out and swatched my 6 colour palettes. I didn't include Rue de Rivoli because it was a limited edition palette, but you can read my review on it here.


Currently there are 5 permanent Ecrin 6 colour eyeshadow palettes: 2 Place Vendome, 29 Rue de Sevres, 10 Rue de Francs Bourgeois, 93 Rue de Passy and 68 Champs Elysees. They come in a beautiful silver compact with an intricate lace pattern and little bee, inside of which there's a fold out mirror and a double ended brush as well as the 6 colour eyeshadow palette. They currently cost £52.50 which is a lot, you pay for the packaging as much as the product in my opinion. I only have 2 of these compacts, the rest of my Ecrin 6 colour eyeshadow palettes are testers that I got from eBay for around £20. I think these palettes are all a bit too neutral and dare I say boring to justify the price, although they are high quality, apply really nicely and don't crease for 12+ hours. Do you own any of these eyeshadows? Are you tempted by any?

See more pictures of the eyeshadow compact, my collection and swatches after the jump!



Open the lid

Flip out the mirror

Top row: 93 Rue de Passy, 68 Champs Elysees
Bottom row: 2 Place Vendome, 29 Rue de Sevres, 10 Rue de Francs Bourgeois

 




93 Rue de Passy

68 Champs Elysees

Finally the swatches. Every palette was photographed 3 times, first without flash under indoor light, then with flash and lastly without flash in natural daylight. The palettes were swatched clockwise starting with the top shade, then the middle shade and lastly the right handside shade. (Hope this makes sense.)

2 Place Vendome

2 Place Vendome

2 Place Vendome

29 Rue de Sevres

29 Rue de Sevres

29 Rue de Sevres

10 Rue de Francs Bourgeois

10 Rue de Francs Bourgeois

10 Rue de Francs Bourgeois

93 Rue de Passy

93 Rue de Passy

93 Rue de Passy

68 Champs Elysees

68 Champs Elysees

68 Champs Elysees

2 comments:

  1. Hey love your blog...check out this post on my blog:
    http://amandalee-farmorethandiamonds.blogspot.com/2011/06/blog-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi AmandaLee, thanks for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...