Thursday 2 June 2011

Finished! The May edition

This month's damage: 5 products. Well, 4 and a half. I'll tell you why in a minute. But first up here's something I have repurchased many times in the past and will do again. One of my favourite perfumes ever: Yves Saint Laurent Paris. I have loved this since I was about 18 and in fact this was my very first "proper" perfume. I love the bottle, I love the scent, I love everything about it. Even though I own 40+ different perfumes, I know I will repurchase this one as not many other scents have come close to it in my heart.


See what other products I've finished after the jump!

Next up is something I have reviewed on here before, namely Givenchy Eye Fly mascara. I had two sample sizes of it and I really like it for more natural looking lashes, but it's not my very favourite, so I don't think I will repurchase it. You can read my original review here.



The next product on the other hand I would be very happy to repurchase, although I don't seem to find it either on Estee Lauder's UK website or Debenhams. I'm talking about Estee Lauder DayWear Plus Multi Protection Anti-Oxidant Creme SPF15. I have found DayWear without the "Plus" bit, so I wonder if that's the new name as I'd had this sample for a while before finishing it. This is actually a 7 ml sample, but it lasted me for a long time, you really only need a little bit each time. I really like the texture, it's very lightweight and non-greasy at all, very comfortable and moisturising, and also the scent which reminds me of watermelons. I have another sample sized one, but I will definitely consider buying a full sized one of it as it's a really nice moisturiser.


Next up is Avon Clinical Eye Lift Duo Gel/Cream. I didn't actually finish this entirely, but I've decided to include it in this month's post because I've finished the upper eyelid gel about a month ago and I'm only using the under eye cream now. I find this happens every time I get towards the end of this product, which is quite annoying, even though there's the same (10 ml) amount of gel and cream in there, somehow I always run out of the gel first.


You can see how much I still have left in the picture below. Despite this annoying factor I'm very happy with this cream/gel duo, and will continue to use it and repurchase it again.


The last product this month is actually a body product, which I don't often feature here as my blog is mainly for make up and the occasional skincare, but this one is a little bit glitzy, so I thought why not. So I've got Dove Summer Glow + Soft Shimmer self-tanning body lotion with a slight shimmer here. I usually use this in spring to get a bit more colour as I am normally pretty pale, but this year I came back from Florida a bit tanned, so I thought I'd use it to try and keep the tan a bit longer. It's a bit thick and takes a while to absorb, but it smells nice and leaves the skin with some lovely shimmer (not glitter, just shimmer when the light hits your skin). I find that after several applications it can get a bit patchy, but I am lazy to exfoliate, so maybe it's my fault. I'm not an expert on self-tanning to be honest. I will probably repurchase this if I run out of my many back ups, although I find the one with shimmer quite hard to come across, so we'll see how it goes.


That's it. Have you finished any products this month? Let me know in the comments!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...