Monday 20 June 2011

Avon Ultra Colour Rich White Gold Lipstick Swatches and Review

One of my favourite lipsticks is Avon Ultra Colour Rich 24k lipstick in Natural Gold (reviewed here), so I was very curious about the new White Gold lipsticks when I saw them on the Avon website. Avon described these lipsticks as "moisturising lipstick infused with glistening pearls of real gold for instant sparkle". Similar to the 24k lipsticks which are also infused with real gold for instant sparkle, these are quite shimmery lipsticks with fine silvery sparkle. Similar to Mac Dazzle lipsticks, but a bit more subtle.

Red Karat, Golden Berry, Glistening Rose, Platinum Pink, Shimmering Nude, Gilded Brown

I ordered all 6 shades available as thanks to Avon's excellent return policy I can always return the ones I don't like, but I am happy to say that I might not be returning any of them. The shades I got are Red Karat, Golden Berry, Glistening Rose, Platinum Pink, Shimmering Nude and Gilded Brown. At the moment the only shade I'm not too sure about is Shimmering Nude as it's the sheerest of the lot and I'm just not sure I need it. However, it is a lovely nude peach colour. These lipsticks are pretty moisturising, although I don't suffer from dry lips, they certainly weren't at all drying on my lips even after 6-8 hours. The darker shades especially last really well, around 3-4 hours without much fading which I find really good for a lipstick. This of course doesn't involve eating, but I did have some drinks and it didn't seem to matter. These lipsticks do have a pretty strong fruity scent, but it's quite pleasant and doesn't bother me, and does disappear eventually.

All in all I would definitely recommend these lipsticks if you like shimmery lipsticks and you're on a budget. They cost £8.50, but are on special at the moment at £5.00 and they're available from Avon's website or your Avon representative (if you have one).

See more pictures and swatches after the jump!



Avon Ultra Colour Rich White Gold Lipsticks

Red Karat, Golden Berry, Glistening Rose, Platinum Pink, Shimmering Nude, Gilded Brown

Red Karat, Golden Berry, Glistening Rose, Platinum Pink, Shimmering Nude, Gilded Brown

Red Karat, Golden Berry, Glistening Rose, Platinum Pink, Shimmering Nude, Gilded Brown

Red Karat, Golden Berry, Glistening Rose, Platinum Pink, Shimmering Nude, Gilded Brown (with flash)

Red Karat, Golden Berry, Glistening Rose, Platinum Pink, Shimmering Nude, Gilded Brown (without flash in natural daylight)

Red Karat, Golden Berry, Glistening Rose, Platinum Pink, Shimmering Nude, Gilded Brown (in direct sunlight)

Me wearing Shimmering Nude

3 comments:

  1. Now these are gorgeous I hope I can still find them

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow thanks for this review! They look fantastic, sheer and sparkly so I am definitely going to order them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!Shimmering Nude is very pretty...:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...