Sunday 22 May 2011

Model's Own Smash Up Silver crackle polish review and swatches

You might remember me reviewing 17's gold crackle polish last month (see my review here). Although I wasn't that keen at first, I did get an awful lot of compliments on my nails and when I saw that Model's Own has come out with a silver crackle top coat, I decided to get it.


It is basically the same concept, you paint it on top of your nail polish and watch it separate, leaving the colour peeping out from underneath. Formulawise it is very similar to the 17 crackle top coat, it applies well and crackles quickly. This one is slightly more expensive at £6, but you do get 14 ml instead of 10. Unlike the 17 gold top coat the Model's Own version has tiny silver glitter which I think is very pretty, albeit not very noticable. I'm still waiting for a properly glittery gold or silver topcoat, something like the British Beauty Blogger wrote about back in March which is sadly still not available. In the meantime, this will have to do.

In the pictures I'm wearing this with Dior Love (LE) nail polish underneath. I have tried it with a dark blue polish too, but sadly it had chipped off before I could take pictures. Not the fault of the nail polish, it's my stupid nails.

See more pictures and nail swatches after the jump!



Without flash

With flash

Without flash

With flash

Can you see the fine glitter? Click to enlarge!

Another one with glitter, click to enlarge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...