Tuesday 10 May 2011

L'Occitane Pivoine Flora eyeshadow palette, lipstick and lipgloss review and swatches

Today I would like to show you my rather small haul from L'Occitate's new summer collection called Pivoine Flora. I got the rather lovely eyeshadow palette (Petals Eye Quartet), a lipstick (Rose Pique) and a lipgloss (Pointe Grandine). There are also some nice eyeshadow duos in the collection, some of which I considered getting, but the shades weren't unique enough and there was no pretty pattern on them, unlike the Petals Eye Quartett.



The palette contains 4 soft, beige, pink and purple eyeshadows with raised flower pattern on them, and also come with a small mirror and double ended brush/applicator. The eyeshadows are nice and soft, and a bit shimmery, just as I like them. I haven't actually worn any of these products yet, so all my opinion is based on my swatches.

The lipstick is a nice rosy pink shade, it's nowhere near as bright as it looks in the tube, in fact it applies rather sheer. The lipgloss is more true to colour, it's a nice reddish shade, and it actually delivers quite a lot of colour. It also has a nice subtle shimmer to it and it's not sticky at all. The lipstick has quite a strong flowery scent (I think it's peony, it's very similar to their Peony shimmer powder's scent that I got last year), but it's fine, I don't mind it.

All in all, a nice little collection, worth checking out. Available online and in L'Occitane stores. The eyeshadow palette costs £22, lipstick £12, lipgloss £11.

See more pictures and swatches after the jump!



Petals Eye Quartet, Pointe Grenadine, Rose Pique

Petals Eye Quartet

Petals Eye Quartet

Pointe Grenadine, Rose Pique

Petals Eye Quartet (with flash)

Petals Eye Quartet (in direct sunlight)

Pointe Grenadine, Rose Pique (with flash)

Pointe Grenadine, Rose Pique (in direct sunlight)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...