Sunday 29 May 2011

Laura Mercier Portofino Summer 2011 eyeshadow palette and cream highlighter review

I've recently purchased these two products from Laura Mercier's summer collection named Portofino. I'm a big fan of this brand and have quite a few eyeshadows, palettes, lip products and face products (including her Shimmer Blocs which are a variation on Bobbi Brown's Shimmer Bricks). I bought Golden Pink Sheer Creme Glow and Riviera eyeshadow palette.


Golden Pink Sheer Creme Glow is a cream face highlighter in a light warm pink colour with slight golden shimmer. It's really pretty, so I just couldn't not pick up, even though I don't use cream highlighters much. It's housed in the same compact as the eyeshadow palette, basically the brown signature palette almost all Laura Geller products come in. You get 8 grams for £29.00, so it's likely to last a very long time.

Riviera is a 4 colour eyeshadow palette consisting of dark blue, sand, light blue and white colours which appears to have been inspired by the seaside. There is a wavy pattern on the palette like the one the sand has after the waves have washed onto the beach. Very pretty. The shades are a bit on the sheer side, I had to swatch both twice to show up properly, but I have to add that I have not tried them on my eyes, so I don't know what result you get with a brush. It's definitely a nice summery colour combination and easy to wear. You get 8 grams for £31.00 which is actually pretty big seeing that a Dior quint is only 6 grams and I would consider that already pretty good. (Mac single eyeshadows are 1.5 g for reference.)

As I said, I have not worn these products, so I can't really tell you how long-wearing they are, but I really wanted to show them to you and there are some swatches for you to see after the jump. Do you like Laura Mercier products? Are you tempted by any of these?





Golden Pink, Riviera



Golden Pink, Riviera (shades from bottom to top) - taken in direct sunlight without flash

Golden Pink, Riviera (shades from bottom to top) - taken in natural daylight without flash

Golden Pink, Riviera (shades from bottom to top) - taken with flash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...