Wednesday 4 May 2011

Lancome Color Design Palette 300 Amethyst Glam Review and Swatches

One of the products I was most excited to check out during my recent trip to the US was the new Lancome Color Design 5-Shadow and Liner Palette in 300 Amethyst Glam. These new palettes are not (yet) available in the UK (don't actually know if they will be at all), but thanks to the world wide web and fellow bloggers I already knew I wanted this. So I was delighted to find it in Dillards where they also offered a fantastic make up bag full of samples including a mini size Genifique serum and a smallish Bi-Facil, both my favourites.


This new 5 colour palette includes an all-over colour, a lid colour, a crease colour, a highlighter and liner, so it is a complete all-in-one look. I did think the names given to each shade were a bit mixed up, until I saw the booklet included with the palette (it contains step-by-step advice for two, one daytime and one night time look) in which the all-over base colour is applied up to the brow bone and the highlighter shade is actually applied to the inner corner and middle of lid to give some sparkle and lighten up the whole look. My swatches don't show it very well, but both the all-over lid colour and the highlighter colour are very shimmery, especially the highlighter.

Lancome claims the shadows are long wearing, they don't crease and the colours don't fade for 8 hours. Having worn them for over 12 hours I can confirm that this is in fact true. Moreover, the eyeshadows are wonderfully soft, blendable and true to colour or if anything, even brighter than in the pan once applied! Unfortunately, as always, my camera didn't manage to capture the true colour of this wonderful palette, the eyeshadows are more pink and less cool than they look in the picture. For more colour acurate swatches, please take a look at the lovely Karla Sugar's website.

So yes, the colours didn't fade, the shadows did not crease and there was no fall out. I would happily recommend this palette, I think it's gorgeous and wonderful. Hope Lancome brings these palettes to the UK too, I'd like to check out the rest of the line (there are 10 of them). They cost $48 each.

See more pictures and swatches after the jump!








Swatched in same order as palette: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 (with flash)

Swatched in same order as palette: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 (no flash)

Swatched in same order as palette: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 (in direct sunlight)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...