Tuesday 31 May 2011

Guerlain Ombre Fusion Cream Eyeshadow 01 Bahia Review and Swatches

Having already swatched it in America I was really looking forward to buying the new limited edition cream eyeshadow in shade 01 Bahia by Guerlain (part of the Terra Inca summer collection) when it came to the UK, but unfortunately I have mixed feelings about it now that I have it. I will start with the positives though because there are plenty. Overall it is a really nice cream eyeshadow, very long lasting and crease proof. I can't vouch for it being waterproof as I haven't done any swimming in it, but it did stay put for 12 hours and only came off with make up remover (my regular Estee Lauder one). I wore it underneath powder eyeshadows from my Dior Pink Idol quint and it didn't crease a tiny bit, and I applied it directly onto my eyelid, didn't use any primer under it. It also applied easily and pretty evenly, didn't take long to dry, but long enough to sheer it out with your fingers, if you wish.


The negatives: I don't like this shade on my eyelids. While it looked lovely when I swatched it on my hand, the metallic effect just doesn't seem to transfer onto my eyes. All I see is a bland pink shade that doesn't flatter my light to medium skintone at all. So I don't think I will ever wear this on its own, which is what I was hoping to do, you know on busy mornings when all you have time for is a quick swipe of eyeshadow. I don't own any other cream eyeshadows in this shade, although I think Mac's Fresco Rose paint pot comes quite close, however I do find that shade very wearable on its own. So for £20.50 (for 6 ml) this is a rather expensive eyeshadow base, even if it is brilliant as that.

Have you indulged in anything from the new Terra Inca range? 

See more photos and swatches after the jump!






With flash

Without flash

Without flash

With flash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...