Wednesday 18 May 2011

FrontCover To Go Pop In Pop Out Compact Review

I was recently sent a voucher from Boots for FrontCover's new FrontCover To Go compact so I thought I'd try it out. The offer was that you get the FrontCover Pop In Pop Out compact and 4 eyeshadow singles for £10 (they would cost £21 otherwise with the palette priced at £5 and the eyeshadow singles at £4 each). My local Boots doesn't stock FrontCover neither do the bigger ones nearby, so I was happy to see that the Boots on Oxford Street had them when I was in London 2 weeks ago.


So what is it exactly? You get an empty eyeshadow palette with a mirror and double ended eyeshadow brush to fill with your choice of shades. You can choose from 25 different colours, but unfortunately the Boots on Oxford Street only had maybe half of them in stock. The eyeshadow singles come in a square base that you can snap into the palette. They are very easy to put in and take out, so in theory you can replace them with other shades if you desire (a selection of these eyeshadows came out last winter with the FrontCover To Go holiday palette), but I don't know where you would put the singles as they don't come with a lid so you could safely store them individually. The eyeshadow singles comes in 25 shades, but they are mainly only golds, neutrals, greys, some blues/greens and one (!!!) measly purple shade. I would really like to see a much bigger variety including more purples, some pinks, oranges, different greens and blues, or at the very least it would be good to be able to purchase any of the existing shades and not find the stand half empty. I ended up putting together a neautral/gold palette which is very nice, but I've since discovered that I'd already owned 3 of the 4 shades as they were included in the FrontCover To Go holiday palette. Actually, that's another thing, most of the singles are already in the bigger palettes of which I own quite a few myself.

So all in all, was it a good buy? At £10 it was okay. The eyeshadows are a really nice quality, the colours I chose are gorgeous and the palette is quite funky, although the brush is pretty manky to be honest. However at £21 I don't think it would be quite such a great deal especially if you already own a lot of the shades from other palettes. I wish there was a bigger selection and better availibility of the shades, I would've liked not to duplicate what I already own and I prefer brighter colours to neutrals.

Anyone tried this or other FrontCover palettes? What do you think?

See more pictures and swatches after the jump!



Closed palette

Bottom of empty palette

Inside the empty palette

The single eyeshadows

The finished palette: Powder Puff, Twinkling Gold, Pale Gold, Burnt Toast

At the bottom you can see the shade names - especially if you put them in the right way round, unlike me!

Powder Puff, Twinkling Gold, Pale Gold, Burnt Toast (taken with flash)

Powder Puff, Twinkling Gold, Pale Gold, Burnt Toast (taken without flash in natural sunlight)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...