Tuesday 3 May 2011

Finished! The April edition

Despite thinking I might not have many empties this month, I still managed to finish 7 products, so that's pretty good. My first one is Avon Clarifying Toner Pads which are basically pads soaked through with toner that's supposed to help keep your skin blemish free. They were okay, but I always forgot to use them, it took me probably more than a year to use up 45 pads, and I don't think I'll bother with buying them again. I don't normally use toner and these pads didn't seem to make much difference to my skin.


See what other products I used up in April after the jump!


Next up is Nails Inc Hyde Park base coat. I purchased this in October last year and used it fairly regularly to help my bendy, peeling nails recover. You can read my review here. It hasn't really changed having finished the bottle, so I think I need to try something better next time. And as you can see in the picture below, there is still quite a bit left in the bottle, but it's impossible to get out any more, so I have to bin it.


Next up is something I absolutely love and will buy a large bottle of when my current sample sized one runs out (I finished this in Florida and luckily was given another sample with my Lancome eyeshadow purchase). It is Lancome Genifique "Youth Activator" serum. I don't know about looking younger (I'm 35 and not at all wrinkly yet), but my skin most certainly feels and looks better. I use this every night after cleansing and a little goes a very long way, the 7 ml sample bottle lasted me for several weeks, so although it is pricey, it is definitely worth it for me. I can't really say exactly what it does, but my skin feels and looks smoother, my stubborn under chin acne has pretty much disappeared and my skin's condition has generally improved.


Next up is another sample (I'm only including fairly large samples though): Boots No 7 Protect & Perfect Hand Cream. This is a 25 ml sample and I actually forgot to include the first one I used up a while ago, but never mind. I usually have quite dry (or in winter very dry) skin on my hands and I'm always using hand cream, but this one didn't really do anything for me. It wasn't creamy or thick enough to help with the dryness, and I didn't notice my hands looking any younger than before, so I will not repurchase this.


Next up is a set of perfume (EDT) and body lotion by Givenchy called Ange ou Demon. I aboslutely love this scent, it's a nice sweet scent without being too sickly sweet. I'm rubbish at describing scents, but I can tell you I absolutely love it. Perhaps test it for yourself and find out why? The "silk body veil" has the same scent (obviously), but otherwise no other positives, I guess it's good for layering, but it is very runny and not moisturising at all which is a negative when you're looking at body lotions. Would buy the perfume again, but right now I have at least 40 other bottles on my chest of drawers, so I really need to use those up first. Oh and one small negative about this: the 30 ml bottle only lasted me a bit over a month with daily use because the spray is pretty powerful and you end up with quite a lot sprayed out in one go which is a bit wasteful since it's a nice strong scent anyway.


And last, here's the foundation that I conveniently finished on the last day of my Florida trip, so I could bring it home, photograph it and throw it out. Read my original review here.


So that's it. This month I'm hoping to finish another perfume and another foundation, let's see how it works out. What have you finished lately? Will you repurchase it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...