Saturday 22 January 2011

Guerlian Meteorites Illuminating and Mattifying Pressed Powder review

Last (but not least!) from the Guerlain spring collection are the Meteorites Illuminating and Mattifying Powders. They come in 3 shades, just like their regular Meteorites: Teint Rose, Teint Beige and Teint Dore. 
But instead of having different colours in them like the Meteorites or the Voyage Powders, they are just one colour. It's like if you take the different coloured balls and break them up, then mix them and make into pressed powder. They claim to be illuminating and mattifying at the same time, and that's exactly what they do. I always find with Meteorites that they illuminate your complexion, but these also give a matt finish, they are certainly not shimmery. They are very finely milled and feel really nice on the skin. They have the same gorgeous parma violet scent as the other Meteorites powders. Love it!

Teint Rose, Teint Beige, Teint Dore

As you can see, I got all 3 shades, partly because I'm a sucker for Meteorites and partly because there isn't actually a huge difference between them. I am quite pale in the winter, so Teint Rose and Teint Beige suit me fine, and in the summer Teint Beige and Teint Dore will both be good. These powders don't give a full coverage, they blend into the skin rather than change the colour of it, so you can get away with using any of the shades really (okay, maybe not if you're very pale or very dark). You will see below in my swatches how they melt into the skin, and I didn't even blend them at all. I haven't used them much, but I can see that they will become my new best friends when it comes to pressed powders.

The compact, while very similar in design to the Voyage Powders, is smaller and a lot lighter, feels more plasticky than metal (probably because it is plastic) which I guess makes it a very handbag friendly compact. Also at £34 it's a lot more affordable than the Voyage Powders that retail for just over £100! Unfortunately the compact isn't refillable, which is a real shame, since £34 for 7 g is still a pretty hefty price tag. I guess unlike the Voyage Powders, you don't pay for the compact as much as the powder itself. (You can buy refills for the Voyage Powders for about £30.) 

Inside you get a smallish powder puff (on top of the powder, not in a compartment below) and there is a mirror inside, so they work really well on the go. I know that I will keep one of them in my handbag once I finished my sad looking Rimmel pressed powder.

Right then, see below for lots of photos and swatches!


Guerlian Meteorites Illuminating and Mattifying Pressed Powders

Guerlian Meteorites Illuminating and Mattifying Pressed Powders

Teint Rose, Teint Beige, Teint Dore

Teint Rose

Teint Beige

Teint Dore

Teint Rose, Teint Beige, Teint Dore
Taken with flash

Teint Rose, Teint Beige, Teint Dore
Taken without flash in direct sunlight

Teint Rose, Teint Beige, Teint Dore
Taken without flash indoors

Teint Rose, Teint Beige, Teint Dore
Taken with flash

4 comments:

  1. Hi Anita, I was wondering who to ask a Guerlain meteorites question and you were the first person who popped into my mind! I was wondering if you could explain the difference between Teint Beige and Perles d'or. I realized that both have similar colored pearls so I was wondering if their effects are slight enough to be close dupes?

    Thanks :)

    Also, how beautiful are these mattifying meteorites. they're my new HG, i haven't touched anything else since I bought them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say they are quite similar, although Teint Beige appears much lighter in the pot, but since Meteorites don't usually give you that much colour anyway, I guess you could say they're similar enough. I just love the dark purple and pink balls in Perles D'or plus I'm a collector, so I had to have both, but you could do without it if you have Teint Beige. Hope this helps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi anita, just wondering if you could help me with my dilemma =D i "heard" that meteorites compact pressed powder after hours of wearing it will turns a bit of darker shade. if im planning to buy the shade dore, i think its safe to buy beige... eh? please help me out - thanks ^.^ - anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anne, I can honestly say I have not come across this myself. Could you test it at a Guerlain counter and see how it wears on you perhaps?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...