Friday 9 July 2010

Stereo Rose old versus new comparison pictures

There have been many people asking/wondering if the new version of Stereo Rose is the same as the old version (released in 2005 in the Gold Play collection). So since I own both versions, I thought I'd post some pictures and swatches in case you're interested. In my opinion the old and new versions are very similar, but not exactly the same. Although bear in mind that due to the nature of MSFs, every one of them are different. But from what I've seen on other blogs and also based on my own 2, the old version is pinker, the new version is a bit more coral-y. It's not a huge difference and if you only have the new version, don't worry about trying to track down the old one, it's close enough. But here they are anyway, so you can make your own mind up.
New (left), old (right) no flash
See more pictures including swatches after the jump.
New (left), old (right) with flash
New (top), old (bottom) with flash
New (top), old (bottom) no flash

5 comments:

  1. Maybe I just don't have a very good eye but if someone hadn't told me they were different, I don't think I would've known. And the same goes for everyone else's comparison swatches I've seen. They look practically the same to me. I decided against getting it but I feel bad for everyone here in the US who wanted it so so bad but can't track one down anywhere because MAC didn't release enough of them :( It's obviously very pretty though! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh thank you very much! and congratulations on owning both! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason, they look different to me but that just may be the makeup junkie in me seeing this. I won't worry about the old Stereo Rose since I never had it and wasn't into MAC or makeup back then. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right! They are different! Which one do you like best, the new or the old stereo rose? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I prefer the old one because it's a bit more pink, but they really are very close and if I didn't have the old one I would be happy with the new one. Their textures are the same and maybe if you compared it to another one, you'd find they're the same or even more different, since MSFs are very unique, so no 2 are the same anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...