Thursday 1 July 2010

My In The Groove and Superglass haul (updated)

I went to my local Mac counter yesterday morning to check out the new collections. I was pretty sure I wanted all the mineralize eyeshadows and blushes as I have all the other ones from past collections (yep, I am a collector, I just love mineralize make up). I also wanted to pick up a Stereo Rose although I already owned it, but wanted to see how different it was (it's pretty much the same by the way). I wasn't sure which lipsticks and superglasses I wanted to pick up, I always check out lip products in person, I find they're not as easy to pull off as eyeshadows and blushes. In the end I bought 3 lipsticks: Go For It, Jazzed and I Like It Like That (all Cremesheen) and 5 superglasses: Superflash, Cherry Electric, Totally Bang, Gift Wrap and Fab Frenzy. My initial opinion is that the eyeshadows are a lot smoother than previous releases, they are very easy to blend and have no fallout. I haven't even swatched everything, but love all the colours. I did try out Togetherness today and will post pictures of my look later. The blushes are very nice too, again haven't tried all of them, only used Hang Loose today and it's really pretty and has a good colour payoff, although it is pretty light, so would probably be more of a highlighter for darker skintones. The lipsticks are all Cremesheens, although I Like It Like That has the best colour payoff, the other two are pretty sheer. I love the superglasses, they are pigmented and very longlasting (for a gloss anyway), although quite sticky (not more so than normal Mac lipglasses though). I don't find them gritty at all and in fact they're not even that glittery on the lips. Here's a picture of my haul in all its glory. See more pictures including lipstick and superglass swatches after the jump!
Mineralized heaven
I Like It Like That, Jazzed, Go For It
Fab Frenzy, Totally Bang, Cherry Electric, Superflash, Gift Wrap

13 comments:

  1. Yes. It's very impressive. I managed to spend about half of what you did. I spent just over £170 and can't wait to get it all! Your collection looks awesome though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowser, that is a haul and a half! Can I ask, is the middle lipstick, I Like It Like That? I'm wobbling over that lipstick and would love to know your initial impression.
    Thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! I read about your haul on Specktra earlier, it's amazing to see it all lined up like that! Am I sad for thinking these pics are almost beautiful? haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, lucky! I don't get mine until next week! D:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa, that is a huge haul! I wish MAC would release their collections at the same time in every country...I'm drooling over every UK blogger's In the Groove haul and I'm not sure I can wait another week! Enjoy all your new goodies :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! That's quite a haul! You do love mineralize products, don't you! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone! :)

    @ModestyBrown: It is I like it like that! I wore it today, will post pictures later this evening. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to see lots of piccies!! :) This is too fabulous for words!! Bring on the posts!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to see more pictures. I feel an extra purchase in the offing!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, what a haul!! Nice pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you do love your mineralize! I was quite restrained with this collection, just picked up 3 things in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  12. DROOL! This is how a haul should be done! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! Definitely a HUGE HAUL! =D
    They all look so gorgeous!
    Can't wait to have Stereo Rose and Happy Together blush! =)

    Btw, new follower here..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...